Things to see and do
Pembrokeshire at a glance
- In this county in south west Wales you’ll discover Britain’s magnificent coastal National Park.
- Wooded estuaries give way to rugged cliffs, gorgeous golden beaches, natural rock formations and sea caves, making this one of the most rewarding areas of coastline to explore in Britain.
- People love to visit for breaks. They spend their days walking sandy stretches of coast or visiting beautiful islands such as Caldey Island.
- You won’t want to miss Britain’s smallest city, St Davids, with its charming boutiques and cafes.
- There are many family activities to do including on the odd wet day!
The towns and villages of Pembrokeshire vary greatly too. Coastal towns perched high on the cliffs like Tenby or Fishguard. Tiny harbour villages such as Porthgain with its history of brick making.
Narberth is a shoppers paradise, this small market town excels with small independent shops providing an outlet for many of the artists and craftspeople that live and work in Pembrokeshire.
Exploring Pembrokeshire wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Britain’s smallest city, St Davids. St Davids is a quaint, and tiny, city with only 1600 residents. Tucked away, the cathedral that gives St Davids its city status is hard to spot, but once discovered its breathtaking magnificence is revealed. It really does stop you in your tracks.
Folly Farm zoo is Wales’ most popular attraction, only 6 miles away from Martletwy.
oakwood Theme Park
Oakwood is Wales largest theme park. Whether it’s an adrenaline-fuelled experience or a magical adventure, Oakwood Theme Park has thrills for all. and is just 3 miles from Martletwy.
Heatherton World of Activities
Enjoy a fantastic family day out at Heatherton World of Activities, just 11 miles from Martletwy.
Beaches and Coastline
Pembrokeshire has a diversity of breathtaking scenery. Towering sea cliffs plunge into a pristine sea is in complete contrast to the rolling Preseli mountains to the north. Plus some of the best beaches in the UK.
Manor wildlife park
Wales’s only walking safari, Manor Wildlife Park plays host to exotic and endangered animals from across the globe! Just 11 miles from Martletwy.
the dinosaur park
Walk with the dinosaurs on a mile long trail deep in the woodlands, on boardwalks over swamps where over 30 life size dinosaurs are waiting for you. Indoor adventure play with soft & hard play. Just 15 miles from Martletwy.